« Home | Meet Lonny... » | I guess the carrot's gonna dangle at least another... » | That Kid flipped His Bike! » | Reclusive me? » | The Trumpet Child Awakes » | The Word and Spirit » | I had a good day today. » | every day is a one act play... » | Now Broadcasting from... » | Common to the Human Experience. » 

24 October 2007 

Ch Ch Changes...

There are a few things in my life right now that are coming to a head and are looking like they are going to culminate in quite a few changes to my life. Obviously, Lonny coming home (though I think his name will soon be Calvin Augustus) is a big change, but there are some other things changing right now as well.

For the last couple months I've been leading a small group for my church here in town, and through that and some other avenues, I am really starting to develop some gifts of study and meditation. What's more, I now feel fully confirmed that I am going to enroll in seminary next year and work on a Masters in Divinity or Theology over the next few years. I don't know yet that I'm going to be a vocational pastor or teacher, but I know that that is what I should be preparing for. There are some other exciting though scary ministry opportunities on the horizon too. Maybe a chance to work in youth ministry as well as some opportunities to serve and train in different settings.

Another change is in clothes. I am going to be buying new pants this week. Now, normally this would not be so incredibly exciting, aside from the fact that I'm going to be buying pants 4 inches smaller than then one's I've been wearing. See, for the past several weeks I've been involved with a program at Carle involving strict diet and regular exercise, changing lifestyle and all that jazz. I haven't written anything about it yet, cause I didn't want to be too expectant, so if you didn't actually see me not eating anything except for this program food, you wouldn't really know that much was different. But after my weigh in last night, I'm pretty excited to announce that I've lost 20 lbs so far. It's a nice start, but there is still a long way to go before I reach my goal, but I wanted to share that and I hope you guys will keep challenging me as I go forward.

A year ago I wouldn't have expected myself to be here. Truth be told I had very different plans, but I think that God has been good in brining me where he has. There are elements of community and companionship that if I am honest, I feel are still missing, but when I sit and think about it I realize how very blessed I am. Would I have been happier going my own way? Who knows? But I'm glad to be where I am.

Random thought: I can't believe its almost time to think about Christmas. This is the first year of my life I'll be decorating my own place. I need to figure out how to get a tree and lights and all that stuff. I don't think I have any ornaments of my own though.... hmmm. So strange, starting new traditions.

Thank you for the update!! :)

Post a Comment