« Home | Common to the Human Experience. » | Hi, I'm a PC. And I'm a Jackass! » | Attention crazy dems and liberals » | Changes afoot » | (I didn't study...) » | The most depressing song I've ever heard... » | Un-freaking-believable » | This is harder than I thought it would be... » | What I'll Remember Most... » | Road Trip! » 

30 May 2007 

Now Broadcasting from...

It's been a while yes, and since I last posted I managed to move myself and most of my stuff to Champaign, go to about 10,000 job interviews, get a couple of offers and actually start working one of them (though still waiting to hear on a few). I do have to say, I am glad that I made the choice to move here. I feel a lot lighter here, and I feel like I'm progressing in life again. Socialization helps, but just taking the steps to make life my own and stop being pushed around by circumstance has been really freeing. Things aren't perfect here, most of the things that I was dealing with in Indy are still going to be bugging me here, but there's definitely a brighter side here.

On the job front, opportunities seem to be opening everywhere, and I actually had to pick between different job offers. And... should I hear back from one of the last interviews I had, I may be changing jobs again very soon. As for the present I took a job in tech support with Pavlov Media as a semi-long term temp/full-time position. Which means, its not a bad place where I can learn some new skills and I wouldn't mind staying at if nothing better opens up, the ultimately I would like a little more security than this job provides, but still, I fit well there and I am enjoying working there so far.

I've decided to learn how to play the harmonica... so far I've got like 2 songs down pat. And its the saddest, meanest blues rendition of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star you've ever heard. I'm also trying to learn a new keyboard layout to improve my typing speed/efficiency and cut down the risk for wrist energy since I think my chosen career has landed me firmly behind a computer for many many years to come. I've largely been avoiding working out so far, mainly due to a crazy inconsistent schedule and the fact that I don't want to pick a gym since I'll probably be moving soon, but I am trying to get out and walk a mile or so after work each day in the meantime.

Socially Champaign has been a breath of fresh air, I've been seeing lots of old friends and meeting new people again for the first time in almost a year, which is really welcome. People seem to have been leaving my life a lot recently, but not many new people had been entering, so it's good to restore some balance if you know what I mean. I also got a new computer since my old laptop died. It was said, because it wasn't that old, but the new one is nice, I've been playing around with Vista and Kubuntu and all in all having a good time with it, learning some new tech skills to boot.!

It's also been nice to return to a church community and live with guys who are believers. Coming out of Cedar was a strange culture shock change, but I had gotten so used to isolation in Indy, and I'm really enjoying that change as well as the opportunity to participate and serve in the church here, start a bible study, meet new people, the whole 9 yards. So... if you can't tell, I'm enjoying life here, and I feel like the decision to move here has really been confirmed. I'm just praying for peace now and trying to give over the things that are hardest to let go of and find some contentedness for a while. But, good to be moving forward again.

Yay! Thanks for the update! ;)

Post a Comment